Thursday, August 18, 2011

New School Year

Well, it is that time of year of new books, pencils, paper, erasers, crayons, and the list goes on. 

I must admit that I have an addiction to buying school supplies.  I just can't help myself.  Okay, I take that back.  I can help myself, but I choose not to!  So, this year I decided I would force myself not to purchase anything other than a math book.  I can not believe it, but I actually did it!  I am using up what I have and I have to say so far so good.  This of course makes hubby happy, as he is well aware of my new book smell addiction.

I am printing out books from The Robinson Curriculum that I purchased many years ago.  This is another little something that has hubby in a good mood.  The only thing I will need to purchase later on this year will be more toner, but hubby is more than happy with that. 

This year we have four children schooling, and it is going quite well.  I really can not complain as the kids are working with me.  We have decided to be more practical and simplify our homeschooling.  So far so good.  Now don't get me wrong I am perfectly aware that we will have our bad days, but making things simple, well it can only help.  Instead of having four different History or Science books we are combining them into just one class for all of the children.  No more of trying to do what the school district does.  No sir, we are going to be a one room school house and we will have more learning going on.

There has been less fighting and distracting going on since we made this decision.  Not to mention that it is easier on the younger children as well.  We have five that are five down to 2.5 months.  I wish I would have done this years ago instead of trying to have the kids doing everything and anything just because society said it was necessary.  Ha!  Homeschooling can be fun as well as educational!

May God bless you all.











No comments:

Post a Comment