Friday, October 22, 2010

Being Frugal...

is becoming a must for this family!  

I am lucky to have found a wonderful website that has taught me how to become more frugal.  We have had a rough year and a half, and by going to http://www.frugal-families.com/  many years ago, I was able to implement the frugal ways that I learned from the many wonderful people on the site.  I would have to say that last year was really the year that I actually felt I "had" to be frugal.  

As of right now, we are back on the frugal journey.  Things just seem to keep popping up in our life that sets us back to square one all over again.  I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the wonderful support that I get from going over to Frugal Families.  The women keep me going, and some of them have such amazing stories that I am in awe!  These ladies just keep on going and even though it is hard at times...we all keep encouraging each other and somehow we make it through.  

I hope that you take a look at Frugal Families.  It is well worth it!

Some things that I am doing to bring down the cost of electricity/propane are as follows:
~unplugging everything that we are not using.  ex. coffee maker, t.v., radios...these keep on pulling power even when not in use.
~asking hubby to make me a clothes line to dry the clothes on, and buying or making a drying rack to hang the clothes on inside so the clothes do not smell like a campfire from the wood stove.
~using the wood stove to heat the house instead of the propane heater...it uses way too much propane and doesn't heat as well.
~turning off all fans when we are not home
~turning off all the lights and turning them on only when needed.  If the sun is shining we do not need to turn on the lights!

I am also going to look at ways to cut our grocery bill down.  I am not sure how much we spend each month for our family, but I am going to find out.  I will keep all of our receipts and add up the total.  Then I am going to see where we can cut it down.  

With the way the economy is going...this family must become a frugal family!

God bless you all, and until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment