Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent

Today is 3rd day of Lent.  I wasn't sure what I was going to give up this year, but then my wonderful husband of 19 years reminded me that I can add something extra.

So, I have added a couple of prayers, and some religious reading.

It seems to be going well, but our Lent started off with a bang.  It was such a painful Ash Wednesday, but I had been telling God that I wanted to have a good Lent this year.  My heart still aches, but I am embracing this Cross and holding onto it for dear life.  I do not know where it is going to go or how it will end, but I am turning it over to Christ because I know that I can not deal with this on my own.  I have realized that I need to trust in God completely, I must let go of everything and leave it all in His hands.  In my own hands...it is nothing, but I know that in His hands He will fix it all and it will be something beautiful.

May God bless you, and may you have a blessed Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment